I wanted cupcakes but I didn't want to deal with frosting. To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
I decided to check out the Hershey Site for recipes, lo and behold...there it was the cuppie of my dreams. Chocolate and peanut butter in one cupcake, delicious, moist and NO FROSTING!
The cupcakes started out with two batters, one chocolate and one peanut butter.
I took one level tablespoon of chocolate batter and put it into the cupcake liner. I put 1 level tablespoon of the peanut butter batter on top of the chocolate layer, spreading to the edges of the liner. I repeated the layers one more time, and topped with chocolate chips. I used all chocolate chips because I was out of peanut butter chips.
They baked in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes then cooled on a wire rack for 15 minutes. These are so moist and delicious!!! They're well worth the time it takes to make the layers, trust me your gonna love these!
Wanna print just the recipe, click here!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Hershey's Chocolate Site
* 1-1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
* 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
* 1 cup water
* 1 tablespoon white vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 EGGLAND'S BEST egg
* 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
* 3/4 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1/3 cup powdered sugar
* 1/4 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
* 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla to flour mixture, stirring just until smooth (do not over mix).
3. In another large bowl, beat egg, cream cheese, peanut butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar; beat until creamy.
4. Spoon 1 level tablespoon chocolate batter into each cup; evenly spread 1 level tablespoon peanut butter filling on top. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not over bake). Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or cool. 18 cupcakes.