Autumn in Pennsylvania is beautiful, I couldn't resist taking a picture of leaves that looked like they were flames in a fireplace. I love it! Some blog news for Bunny's Warm Oven...I put a nifty little tool on the comments that allows you to post a picture of your latest delicious creation. Please use it and show me what you've got!! I love to see them!.
Banana and chocolate for me, is a match made in heaven. The flavors alone are wonderful... together they make my mouth do a happy dance.
I made the banana cake recipe from Allrecipes.com , and the chocolate frosting came from Hershey Chocolate.
I made this for our weekly family dinner. As I stood watching my brothers, their wives and my mom take their first bites of the cake, I asked if they liked it? With their mouths full, nodding their heads with mmmmm hhmmmmms they gave it a thumbs up. This is indeed an A Number 1 Banana Cake. So, what did they think of the frosting ? They couldn't believe how smooth and soft it was. Thank you, Hershey Chocolate, for another great recipe! This one came off the back of the cocoa can. The butter for the frosting is melted before adding the dry ingredients, which made for a wonderful frosting, I'll be using it again.
As I said, chocolate and banana are a match made in heaven, and these two recipes together are perfect!
Wanna print just the recipe, click here!
A Number 1 Banana Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 - 8 inch round pans. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the bananas. Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and place on a damp tea towel to cool.
"PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.