Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies




We're coming down the home stretch aren't we, Christmas is going to be here before we know it!  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
 Every year we go hunting for something to bake that's a little different than what we baked last year for our cookie trays.  Not easy is it?  I happened a cross this recipe this morning and decided to try it.  The recipe says you can use either pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice.  I really wished I had apple pie spice in the house but pumpkin it was! I have to admit the one teaspoon turned out to be a heaping teaspoon, kinda love my pumpkin pie spice too.  The recipe said to measure out tablespoons of the dough, well that didn't look big enough for me so I used my coffee scooper, then patted them down a little bit before baking  The other change I made was to use quick oats, again all I had in the house, but they were good , very good! I baked these for 11 minutes then let them rest on the cookie sheet for a couple more.  A nice buttery oatmeal cookie with a pumpkin pie  or apple pie taste, crunchy and slightly chewy all in one. Lovin it!!




Photobucket

Wanna print just the recipe, click here!

Oatmeal Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookies
MyRecipes

Ingredients

  • 2  sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1  cup  packed dark brown sugar
  • 1/2  cup  granulated sugar
  • 2  tablespoons  corn syrup
  • 1  teaspoon  vanilla extract
  • 1  large egg
  • 2 3/4  cups  all-purpose flour
  • 1/2  teaspoon  kosher salt
  • 1 1/4  teaspoons  baking soda
  • 2 cups quick oats
  • 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice

Preparation

Heat oven to 375° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.

With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the butter, brown and granulated sugars, corn syrup, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the oatmeal, flour, salt, pumpkin or apple pie spice and baking soda. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.

Form the dough into tablespoon-size mounds. Place on the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned at the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to wire racks. Cool completely.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great recipe but there is no mention of when to add the oats or the pumpkin pie spice. I mean, not that anyone couldn't figure it out, but I thought I'd mention it just to let you know. Thanks for posting it though. I'm making them right now! :)

Bunny said...

Thank you Megan for pointing that out! I just fixed it!!