Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Morning Rolls...The Best Rolls Ever!


 These were the Best Sweet Rolls I've ever made.  They were tender, feather light and delicious.
 To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.




 The first time I saw this recipe from Willow Bird Baking I knew Id be making them. How could I resist Lemon Cheesecake Morning Rolls, I wasn't even going to try.  Kind of like... Yogi Bear not wanting a picnic basket.  It's not going to happen.  I decided to put 2 cups of blueberries on the dough before I rolled it up to satisfy my favorite flavor combination of lemon and blueberry.  It was perfect, absolute bliss.


The dough in this recipe is perfection.  I've never come across a yeast dough recipe that has baking powder and baking soda in it along with the yeast.  Plus, there is a combination of milk and vinegar as well in the dough recipe, which sounds a whole lot like homemade buttermilk to me. After the dough is made and has had it's first rise, you roll it out and put the filling on the dough.  Roll it up, cut it into 2 inch rolls and put them in your prepared pan.  Then, they go into the fridge overnight for they're second rise.  I don't have to tell you how nice it was to pop these rolls in the oven and have them for breakfast.  It was HEAVEN! This is not a bread-y roll.   It's feather light and very very tender.  My husband said..... it's more like a pastry !  And  that's just the DOUGH kids!  The lemon cream cheese filling and the glaze round these rolls out and make them THE BEST SWEET ROLLS EVER!


I'm going to experiment with different flavored cream cheese fillings and fruit for this, but use the same dough recipe.  The dough is just to perfect for me to ever use any other recipe.  From now on, this is it! You can get the recipe for these outstanding Lemon Cheesecake Morning Rolls from Julie at Willow Bird Baking.  Her bench notes are perfect and very easy to follow. I can't give you a better description of the recipe than she can.   Spread some comment love and tell her I sent you!  Enjoy!














2 comments:

Nicole (MyLoveForCooking) said...

Whoa!!! This made my eyes go WIDE WIDE! :)

Cloudy said...

Oh boy! Oh boy! Am I going to make these? Yes sireeeee!!