Creamy Caramel topped with crunchy pecans in a flakey crust. A fantastic easy to make pie!
You're not going to believe how easy and delicious this pie is! First, my husband and I have decided we like this better than pecan pie. It has a creaminess that's incredible. It's caramel pecan heaven. This isn't an overly sweet pie, it's just creamy, crunchy, caramelie, pecan GOOD! As Paul was eating his piece he said..."This tastes like baklava". I looked at him in total amazement because when I thought about it, he was right. What a flavor and texture experience this is. This recipe is so easy to make and the return is absolutely wonderful. If you're looking for a fabulous pie for Thanksgiving, THIS IS IT!! Enjoy!
To Print The Recipe Click Here.
Lois Davis Webb, Morehead City, North Carolina, Southern Living
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 28 caramels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Bake piecrust at 400° for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on wire rack.
- Combine caramels, butter, and 1/4 cup water in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until caramels and butter are melted; remove from heat.
- Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients. Stir into caramel mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake pie at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°, and bake 20 more minutes, shielding edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove pie to a wire rack to cool. Top with Chocolate-Dipped Pecans, if desired.