Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New York Style Cheese Cake

Picture 614

I've made cheese cakes before, but nothing like this one. This is hands down the best cheese cake I've ever made and tasted.   To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


This is sooo fluffy and soft, so creamy and light ,the graham cracker crust is flavored with almonds.... are you drooling yet? I am! I made this for the restaurant, a couple from New York that moved to our area came in , had the cheese cake and said it reminded them of home. I was thrilled that I had finally found a recipe that has come that close to an actual New York Style Cheese Cake! The next time I make this it'll stay in the oven a little longer, the middle was a little too soft, it didn't in any way effect the taste of the cake, it'll just firm it up a little to make it look nice. I followed the recipe exactly, there was no need to change a thing.


Picture 617

I want you to make this, because I know when you taste it It'll make you very happy... and that'll make me very happy.


New York Style Cheese Cake
RecipeZaar

Ingredients
1 3/4 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I use macadamia)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter
5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons flour
5 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 400.

Mix graham cracker crumbs, nuts and cinnamon with melted butter.
Press on bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.
Bake 7 minutes, remove from oven, let cool.

Increase oven temp to 475.
Combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 T. flour, 5 eggs and 2 egg yolks and mix completely. Add Almond extract.

Add cream and mix just enough to blend.
Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes.

Reduce oven temp to 200 and bake for one hour.

Turn oven off and leave cake in oven for another hour.

Remove from oven, cool slightly, place in refrigerator overnite.

Top with fruit if desired.

Note: I find that setting a bowl/pan of water on the bottom rack while baking helps prevent cracking. NOT everytime, but usually! That's with any cheesecake, not just this one.

10 comments:

Lori said...

That looks luscious! Hmmm. So moist looking.

grace said...

i ate all kinds of new york style cheesecake when i lived in virginia, but i haven't had a single slice since i've been in new york. yours looks marvelous! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh Bunny. Will you bake for me one day? That cake looks to die for. Cheesecake comes second to pie for me...and that's saying a lot...

Lo said...

I am happy just looking at the picture of your cheesecake, Bunny!

Seriously! It looks like it would go straight to my hips... after thoroughly satisfying my sweet tooth, of course!!

Anonymous said...

That is seriously the fluffiest cake ever! It's beautiful and a wonderful cake to dress up with a lovely cherry sauce...yummmm.

Fran Z said...

so yummy looking!

Jenny said...

Mmm, I haven't made cheesecake in a while. Your pics are making me want to today!

Daziano said...

Your cheesecake looks perfect!!

Marie Rayner said...

Bunny, you're singing the song of my heart!!! I love, Love, LOVE cheesecake!!! I am cheesecake! I gotta have cheesecake!

Amanda said...

As you already found out from my last blog post, I love cheesecake! I will be bookmarking this too, time to print a bunch out and make some new recipes!