This has to be the most amazing Apple Crumble Bar recipe on the face of the earth! On the face of the earth I tell ya! LOL!! To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
And it came from pete bakes, Pete give your mom a big kiss and hug from me cause this is the Apple Crumble Bar recipe I have been waiting for. Go on over to pete bakes and see what this young baker has been up to. Amazing!! To say that I like a crumb topping on apples would be an under statement, to say I LOVE crumb topping on anything baked still doesn't describe my love for it. This recipe put me in crumb topping heaven. Crumb topping on the bottom, crumb topping in with the apples, crumb topping on top, somebody catch me I'm starting to swoon! Oh yeah today we're making pete bake's mom's Apple Crumb recipe.
I had just enough apples to make this recipe, today you are going to bathe in crumb topping and cinnamon and make me very happy.
But first we need to prepare, peeling and coring about 5 or 6 apples the variety of your choice. Then adding a splash of lemon juice so they keep they're pretty color.
3 sticks of room temperature butter, 4 cups of flour , 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar makes this mountain of crumb topping.
Take 1 cup of the crumb mixture and 1 tsp of cinnamon and mix it into the apples.
Take 1/2 of the crumb mixture in your bowl and pat it into a greased 13x9 inch pan ( I used butter). Bake it for 10 minutes. After it's baked put the apples on top and put the rest of the crumb topping on top of the apples. Bake this at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until golden brown, sit back and enjoy the wonderful aroma of baked apples with cinnamon! Even the kids loved the smell!
And now the recipe!
Apple Crumble Bars
4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
6 cups granny smith (or a variety of your choice) apples, skinned and diced (about 5 apples)
1 tsp cinnamon
1. take the butter out of the fridge to soften (do NOT melt) on the counter as you peel and dice up the apples into small cubes. squirt with some lemon juice and set aside.
2. combine the flour, salt, white sugar and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. cut the butter into the dry ingredients. the butter should not be melted. what we’re going for here are crumbs. you can either do this with a wooden spoon, or you can do what i do, and use your hands to crush it all together.
4. take 1 cup of the crumb mixture and mix it with the apples. add the cinnamon as well and set aside.
5. preheat the oven to 350 F and grease and flour a 9×13 baking pan. take 1/2 of your remaining crumb mixture and press it into the bottom of the pan. bake for 10 minutes.
6. remove the crust from the oven, pour in the apple mixture and top with last of the crumbs. put it back in the oven for another 45 minutes. when it’s done, the top should be a beautiful golden brown. cool by putting the pan on a wire rack so air can circulate around it. cut into bars after they’ve completely cooled, if you can resist it. it’s a great idea to refrigerate the bars so they set a bit more.