Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Vanilla Yogurt Raisin Cookies With Walnuts

Picture 191

I was eating my yogurt covered raisins this morning and realized there was a cookie recipe on the back of the package. These turned out to be very good. They were nice and chewy and the raisins tasted like vanilla raisins with the yogurt on them.   To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


Of course I had to pulverize the walnuts so nobody could see them but just taste them and even my Honey liked the cookies! I was toying with the idea of putting some butterscotch morsels in them but didn't , next time I will. They were very good as is but the addition of the butterscotch would take them up a notch!

Vanilla Yogurt Raisin Cookies with Walnuts
From the Back of the Sun Maid Vanilla Yogurt Raisin Package

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 package ( 8 oz ) Sun Maid Vanilla Yogurt Raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar , granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture.

Stir in Vanilla Yogurt Raisins and nuts. Drop rounded tbls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 9 - 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 2 dozen cookies.

Picture 196

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice when we find inspiration in something. This looks amazing! I love the contrast of colors, it makes you just want to grab and eat them all!

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, those cookies look like what I want for breakfast, but sadly I don't have any so will have to settle for boring old cereal. I have made similar cookies in the past with chocolate covered raisins but am betting the yoghurt covered ones are even better and how could they not be good for you!!! Dairy and fruit!

grace said...

oooh, what a find! i'm a big fan of yogurt-covered raisins, but it never occurred to me to pop them into some cookies. i love it!