Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Strawberry Muffins and Hurley White Castle Burgers!


 photo DSCF5068-1_zps9308b106.jpg
I love visiting all your blogs. Your recipes are amazing, I find things that make me weak in the knees and wish I were at your house so I could share in they're deliciousness! Today I'm sharing two of those recipes.  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
 The first recipe is Strawberry Muffins from ButterYum. The second is Hurleys White Castle Burgers from My Tasty Treasures. Lets start with the muffins!

I found these delightful Strawberry Muffins on ButterYum. I just couldn't resist visiting a blog called ButterYum! Lucky for me I had strawberries in the fridge to use up. Oh my goodness these are good! You're going to fall head over heels for how moist and soft they are! Sometimes when you're making a batter up of whatever it is that your making you can tell by the texture and look of it that it's going to be good. I was hooked when I was mixing the batter, I couldn't wait to see the muffins! I sprinkled white sugar on the top of the batter to give it a slight crisp on the top.

 photo DSCF5061-1_zpsb531e1cf.jpg

I made jumbo muffins and froze them to us as strawberry shortcake. Or maybe individual berry trifles! ButterYum has how to pictures of macerating the strawberries and of the batter, go visit her so you can make this little gems! She's also going to show you the strawberry pictures she took with her light box and how she did it...go, I'll wait for you to get back.

Wanna print just the recipe, click here!
ButterYum's Strawberry Muffins

Strawberry Muffins
makes 12 muffins

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar (use 2-3 tbsp to macerate strawberries)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups diced and strawberries (macerate as directed above)

Preheat oven to 375F.

With a hand held blender, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl blend flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix as instructed above (dry, wet, dry, wet, dry). Fold in strawberries and their juices. Pour batter into foil lined muffin tin. Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before you devour... and you will devour these muffins!



Hurley's White Castle Burgers

Photobucket
Donna at My Tasty Treasures posted about her brother in laws copycat version of White Castle burgers. The minute I laid eyes on them I knew I was going to make them! These are absolutely delicious!! I made them last week and again this week at my husband's request. I know , I know your thinking this is just a burger....yes but it's one outstanding burger and very easy to make!! It's juicy and full of flavor, the Martins Potato Rolls I used were perfect for these burgers. They were larger than tea rolls but smaller than hamburger buns, as a matter of fact it said on the package they were perfect for sliders, and they were! My thoughts as we're heading toward the end of May , (knowing the kids will be out of school soon ) is what am I going to make for the kids to eat while I'm at work and they're home when school lets out?? Our kids are 14 and 12 and can be alone during the day. I thought about how much my grocery bill will be going up if I buy frozen pizzas and such for them to eat for lunch. They're not big on tuna salad or chicken salad and things like that. I decided to makes these and freeze them, just like the frozen White Castle burgers in the store, they can pull them out and nuke them for lunch if they like. So that's what I did. I'm looking for other frozen kid friendly foods that I can make myself and freeze to give them a variety to choose from. If you have recipes for homemade hot pockets, burritos...etc give me a holler!! Enough of my hair brained ideas! LOL!!



Photobucket

This is how we ate our Hurley White Castle burgers the first time I made them, with homemade potato salad and corn on the cob...delicious! Go visit Donna so you can get the recipe, she has step by step pictures to show you how to make these fantastic burgers. !! Right now she has a post about Homemade Big Mac's, yeah I'll be making those soon too!! LOL!! Thanks Donna and Hurley!!

53 comments:

Kristen said...

I made Donna's White Castle Burgers too and enjoyed them - the muffins look so tasty!

Cristine said...

Thanks for sharing these recipes! They both look fantastic!

♥Mimi♥ said...

Not much to say other than I positively adore your blog! The pix are great, your writing is excellent and the recipes are fabulous!

Barbara Bakes said...

I have strawberries in the fridge that I need to use up a lot. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Lynn said...

Oh, I am going to try those muffins soon. They look so good!

April said...

Love your blog too, the Apple Harvest cake is a must I have to try!!

vanillasugarblog said...

waahhh I haven't been able to get to whole foods to get my jumbo strawberries and I'm dying. can't find good strawberries around here at all.
I love making sliders

Sharon said...

I find so many great recipes on blogs - I dont know what I'd do without them. Those burgers look so cute and tasty!

Katy ~ said...

Oooh, so good to see strawberry muffins! They look so very, very good!

Don't you just love a really great burger? I am unfamiliar with White Castle, but their burgers sure look like winners!

Reeni said...

The strawberry muffins look heavenly! And the burgers are a great idea. How clever of you to freeze them. Your kids will have tasty treats to look forward to!

pigpigscorner said...

The muffins look and sound amazing! The burgers...yum yum!

Coleens Recipes said...

I love coming to see what you are cooking Bunny!! Once again you have the BEST photos. The muffins look divine!!

Karen said...

I saw these burgers on Donna's blog and thought they looked great! When I have a crowd I'll have to make them. Good idea for freezer stuff for the kids: Put refried beans and cheese in a tortilla. Roll them up and fry them in a little butter (or butter your torts) until golden. Cool and freeze. I don't know if you could nuke them frozen or if they'd be better thawed first, but they're SO good... and full of protein :)

Dewi said...

Blueberry muffin is classic, Strawberry muffin, now that is very creative indeed. I bet it tastes delicious. Got to love strawberry!

Donna-FFW said...

Thank you Bunny for the shout out.. I am so glad you enjoyed them.. greatidea to freeze them, too..

Those strawberry muffins sound great, I have one similar waiting to be posted soon. Your pictures are gorgeous.

teresa said...

How yummy! I just found your blog and you have some delicious looking recipes here, I'm excited to go exploring!

Amanda said...

Wow Bunny, everything is fabulous as usual!!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Everything looks delicious Bunny. Living in Canada I have never had the pleasure of having a White Castle burger but I like this version of a classic. When my daughter was at home during the summer she used to eat a lot of wraps, tacos are easy too.

Lori said...

Thats how it it isnt it? You see lots of beautiful food but some of the recipes you just know you have to make.... immediately. These both look fantastic Bunny!

Gloria Chadwick said...

The strawberry muffins look wonderful. So do the sliders. :)

Megan said...

I've never had a White Castle burger but maybe I shoul start right here with this version. They look great. Love all the ideas for the muffins. I love anything that is small and all mine! ;)

Nicole said...

I have never had a White Castle Burger. I have heard about them. Out here we have In N Out... Wonder how they compare? The muffins look superb and I like your idea of doing the homemade thing and freezing it. You could do mini pizzas the same way I think.

MaryBeth said...

The muffins look so good, I also read Donna's posting of the burgers and MOG they look so good. We do not have White Castle in our area so I will have to make these at home also!!

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

I have been in a strawberry craze the past few weeks. Those muffins look great.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Oh Bunny, what a pleasant surprise to come home from a weekend out of town, and find out you tried my strawberry muffins and liked them enough to write about them :). Your photo is fantastic!

Mmmm, the sliders look like a real crowd pleaser too.. will definitely have to give them a try!

Take care!
ButterYum
:)

Heidi said...

I've been wanting to try those burgers from Donna's site. They look great!

Elyse said...

What wonderful recipes you chose to make! I'm loving the strawberry muffins, for sure. Strawberries are one of my favorites. And you know what? I'm finding myself craving a white castle burger right now :) Sorry that I’ve been an absent commenter; I just finished up my law school exams and am finally getting around to my google reader.

noble pig said...

Oh I know those burgs...are they just ridiculous or what! Yum and I just made strawberry muffins too! It's in the air!

grace said...

muffins for breakfast, burgers for lunch. that's the makings of a perfect day. :)

Gloria Baker said...

Bunny I love all you bake, I love the muffins are wonderful!!! xGloria

Sara said...

Wow, both creations look amazing. Peanut butter in a burger - that would be a first for me.

Eliana said...

Your take on both of these recipes is fantastic. Thanks so much for posting.

Debbie said...

Both look great!!! I have to try Donna's White Castle burgers one of these days. Would you believe I just posted strawberry muffins too!! Great minds think alike I guess!!

Irene said...

I am in love with these strawberry muffins!!! With the abundance of strawberries, I'm always looking for new recipes and this looks like just the ticket!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

You have me craving strawberry muffins and castle burgers! You did a fantastic job!

Denise said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Anything with strawberries in it appeals to me. Going to follow your blog

Denise said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Anything with strawberries in it appeals to me. Going to follow your blog

Dragon said...

Now this is fun! I can't wait to try these burgers.

Lynn said...

Hi Bunny,
This is my first time visiting. Wow, you have some amazing looking baked goods over here! Yum! The strawberry muffins look great; too bad I just dipped all my strawberries in chocolate to have after dinner ;) Oh well, I'll just have to get more so I can try these. Thanks for sharing all the yummy goodness!

Kerstin said...

Yum, those strawberry muffins look addicting!

Tina Butler said...

Those white castle burgers look good. I used to love them. I replied to your comment on my blog but i wanted to reply here as well. The My Girl Paula Challange is hosted by another fellow blogger and Paula Deen Fan. She just started it this month it is similar to Tuesday with Dorie. It is really fun + we get to cook all paulas dishes that are selected how can you go wrong.

Melanie Anne said...

Those muffins look wonderful!! And I think my boys would love the White Castle burgers!! Thanks for sharing!

Jeff said...

I think I have to be the only person on the face of the earth who can't stand White Castle. It was a bad experience at 3 a.m. in which I should blame the large quantity of booze over the poor decision to eat fried food.

The muffins sound amazing and bookmarked. I keep staring at my strawberry plants and soon I will have berries to play with.

amandalouden said...

Bunny, you always make the most beautiful creations. These Strawberry Muffins look easy enough for me to make too! How do you think that would taste with some Oat or Kamut flour??? I'll find out!!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Looks good Bunny! I've been to Donna's and while I've made quite a few of her recipes I haven't tried this one.

Thanks for the link to ButterYum. I'm off to check it out.
~ingrid

Mermaid Sews said...

I love bits from other blogs as nicole calls them, these are two on my to do list. Nicely done.

Jaime said...

the muffins look great.

i've never had a whit castle burger, can you believe it?!

ARUNA said...

both the recipes look too good!!!

Lisa said...

The muffins look so pretty and those White Castles make me smile. I used to love those things back in the day, in another life. Maybe I'll try these for the memories.

Risa said...

I just picked fresh strawberries today. I know what I need to bake!

Leslie said...

I have never had a White Castle Burger. Sad I know!!!

MrOrph said...

I just saw, for the first time, slider rolls in the mege-mart and immediately I got an epiphany; time to make more sliders!

Growing up in Philly, I used to consume White Castle's, along with cheesesteak, well, not at the same time, but all the time.

Brittany said...

Oh wow - i can't wait to try those muffins... they look perfect!! All your baked goods look to die for!!