Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Orange Cream Dessert Squares


Photobucket

Once a week, my family gets together to have dinner and I always make dessert. This week I made these little gems. It combines two of my favorite things, sugar cookies and the flavor of orange.  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
I couldn't resist the thought of sweet orange marmalade in a cream cheese filling...then there was the sugar cookie crust...be still my heart...then a soft chewy sugar cookie crust. The squares are topped off with tinted melted white chocolate.
Believe me, I ate more than my fair share and loved every bite. I added 2 teaspoons of orange extract just to make sure the orange flavor came shining through. I'm glad I did...it was perfect. Next time, I'm going to add some mini chocolate chips to the mix.
Orange and chocolate are divine together!

Wanna print just the recipe, click here!

Orange Cream Dessert Squares
Pillsbury

INGREDIENTS
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
2 tablespoons grated orange peel (from 2 large oranges)
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup SMUCKER'S® Sweet Orange Marmalade
1 teaspoon orange-flavored liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon orange extract ( I used 2 tsp orange extract)
2 Eggland's Best eggs
3 tablespoons whipping (heavy) cream
2 drops orange food color (or 2 drops yellow and 1 drop red food color)
1 1/2 teaspoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips


DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Press cookie dough evenly on bottom and 1 inch up sides of ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. (If dough is sticky, use floured fingers.) Sprinkle evenly with orange peel.
2. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, marmalade and liqueur with electric mixer on medium-high speed about 1 minute or until well blended. Add eggs; beat about 2 minutes or until well blended and mixture is creamy. Spread evenly in crust.
3. Bake 29 to 36 minutes or until crust is golden brown and center is set. Cool 1 hour.
4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave whipping cream and food color uncovered on High about 30 seconds or just until boiling. Add butter and baking chips; stir until chips are melted. Spread mixture evenly over bars. Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until chilled and firm.
5. To serve, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows, using thin, sharp knife and wiping blade occasionally. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert squares.


Photobucket

26 comments:

the country cook said...

Be still my heart - that Godiva cheesecake looks absolutely amazing! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

Melissa said...

I wonder what I should do w/ all of that cream cheese in my frig? :) These look amazing!

Pauline said...

Cream puffs! They're actually pretty simple to make, I couldn't believe when I made them over spring break. I'll have to try your recipe sometime. They look great. I need to get some pudding mix though. Thanks for sharing all the cheesecake goodness! I made a cheesecake recently too, Tofu cheesecake! So good yet healthy too!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh Bunny, these all look so good! I wouldn't know which one to eat first. I'll have a little sliver of each please!! xxoo

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Oh my. Just gorgeous, as always!

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

OMG everythign looks amazing, but that cake! Me being the chocoholic doesn't help! Yum to all 3!

grace said...

the cream cheese flavor got quite a workout this time around, eh? i like it! :)

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I don't like chocolate but WOW I can't get past that Godiva cheesecake.....it was beautiful!

Hope you Ladies had a fabulous Mother's Day!
~ingrid

Katrina said...

Wow, those all three look de-lish! I really like orange and chocolate together, too.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What fabulous treats. I found your blog by chance and had intended only to say hello. I was lured by your earlier posts and stayed much longer than I planned. I really enjoy your blog and will be back as often as I can. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Cristine said...

Let me wipe up my drool... Everything looks AMAZING! Now I want to get in the kitchen and whip these up! YUM!

pigpigscorner said...

OMG they all look amazing! The Godiva cheesecake is beautiful!

Eliana said...

These all look incredible. I can't pick my favorite!!

Leslie said...

Ohhh.I love anything orange!
But like you I am a chocoholic..so the chocolate wins me over!

Katy ~ said...

I need to find my ole muu-muu dresses; I just gained 15 pounds reading these mouth watering recipes.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Can I have a smalll piece of each BunnyLD

Monica H said...

Oh my good heavens! These all look so tasty. I definitely agree that the orange cream squares would be awesome with mini chocolate chips. That's my mom favorite combination.

Me? I could happily eat any of these cheesy desserts :-)

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Wow. That chocolate cheesecake looks too delicious for words. There just so much...CHOCOLATE. Wow.

The orange one is really original. I don't see too many orange cheesecakes. I love the sugar cookie crust.

Lila said...

They all look delicious as usual, but that chocolate cheesecake has my name written all over it!
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

vanillasugarblog said...

oh
my
heavens
girl, this is just gorgeous. i saw that same cake and gave up because of all the work. but my hat is off to you. seriously.

Miryam said...

Wow this cheesecake looks and I bet is so wonderful. Too much work for me know although I am going to make the cream puffs in a couple of days, lets see how it goes, will have to make healthier so will see :-)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!

Julie said...

First I'd like to say Mmmmmmm. :o)

Left something on my page for ya! ;o)

http://thereasonformyinsanity.blogspot.com/2010/05/you-are-awesome.html

Julie

Maria♥ said...

Hi Bunny

Unfortunately I have some sad news about Rosie from Baking Cakes Galore, Rosie passed away yesterday. I have written up a tribute to her on my blog and I am asking everyone who knew her if they would please take some time to leave a comment. I will be printing off all the comments to pass onto her husband.

Thanks
Maria
x

Karen said...

As usual, everything looks wonderful! Love the "creamy" theme this week! I haven't made cream puffs in way too long and these looks just perfect!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

The Godiva cheesecake looks amazing, but I'm afraid to attempt it because then I'd have to eat it! This would have to be one of those special occasion/guest desserts. The cream puffs look great. I used to make them when I was younger and LOVED them. They were fun to make, but I've never tried any with cheesecake! Will have to try that. Thanks for posting this.