When I told my husband that I loved to bake, the first question he asked me was...can you make oatmeal cookies? Oatmeal cookies with raisins and nuts in them? To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
Yes I can make them, my only probably was I didn't have a recipe that I liked. Up until now, every recipe I tried yielded oatmeal hockey pucks. Cookies you'd have to dunk to make soft. I wanted an oatmeal cookie recipe that would give me what I love about a fantastic chocolate chip cookie recipe, a soft chewy cookie. Was there really one out there? Thankfully yes!
I found it on Food.com. There were 865 reviews for this little slice of heaven, I couldn't resist. Finally an oatmeal cookie recipe that is perfect! These were so good we kept them all to ourselves, no need to look anymore, this is it, the perfect Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookie. Enjoy!
The only thing I changed about this recipe... I reduced the amount of raisins to 1 cup and added 1/2 a cup of pecans.
To print this recipe, click here.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Posted by Beth
Whisk together and set aside
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Cream wet ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Then stir in
- 3 cups oats (not instant) I used Quick Oats
- 1 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions:Preheat oven to 350°.
Whisk dry ingredients; set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low.
- To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- (Over mixing develops the gluten, making a tough cookie.) Now add the oats and raisins; stir to incorporate.
- Fill cookie scoop with dough.
- (Use a #40 cookie scoop; it measures 2 tablespoon of dough) Press against side of bowl, pulling up to level dough.
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes (on center rack), until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.