Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

1 Dish Italian Meatball and Cheese Pizza Bake with Green and Red Peppers


A one dish delicious dinner that comes together very quickly with a yeast batter. There's no kneading or rise time for the yeast batter.  You can have this pizza style dinner on the table in one hour!
To Read More, Click On The recipe Title.
I was browsing the Fleischman Yeast site looking for bread recipes when I spotted a sectioned called 1 Dish and decided to check it out.  In this section they have everything from breakfast to dinner with desserts thrown in that are a 1 Dish recipe made with a yeast batter.  1 Dish meaning the yeast batter is mixed in a 9 inch deep dish pie plate and then other ingredients are added  and baked in a cold oven.   I'd never seen anything like it so I decided to try one.  I chose the Italian Meatball and Cheese Pizza Bake.   The recipe called for frozen meatballs but I had hamburger to use up so I made my own. My meatballs were bigger than what the recipe called for, next time I'll use the smaller ones.I don't have a deep dish pie plate, I used a regular 9 inch pie plate.  Not a good idea when making this, I had melting cheese coming over the top of the dish, use a  9 inch deep dish pie plate! 


There's no kneading or rise time for this batter.  As the recipe states you can mix the yeast batter in the pie plate or use a separate bowl.  Pat the dough into a greased or sprayed 9 inch deep dish pie plate.  Place the meatballs firmly into the dough then top the meatballs with tomato sauce, minced garlic, mozzarella cheese and the herb seasoning.  I added sauteed green and red peppers with some onion on top of the cheese, we love our peppers and onions.  Put this in a cold oven and turn the temperature to 350 degrees ,the yeast will rise as the temperature in the oven warms.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Fleischmann's Yeast also has a video with the recipe you can look at before you make it.  It's very helpful.


We absolutely LOVED this dinner!  Sorry you can't see the crust because of the melting gooey cheese, but that's not a bad thing!  I plan on using this recipe to make a Chicken Parmesan 1 Dish  Pizza Bake Dinner because this one turned out so well.  The 1 Dish section also has dessert recipes, you can bet I'll be checking those out! Enjoy!


To Print The Recipe, Click Here.

1 Dish Italian Meatball and Cheese Pizza Bake with Green and Red Peppers
Fleischmann's Yeast

Ingredients:

Cooking Spray

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
2 tablespoons olive oil 
 
** Topping *
8 to 10 ounces (about 18 to 20) small meatballs, frozen, thawed
3/4 cup pizza sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella & provolone cheese blend
1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Italian Herb Seasoning
 
Directions: 
 
MIX batter ingredients in a pre-sprayed 9-1/2-inch deep dish pie plate.
 
TOP dough with meatballs. Firmly push meatballs into batter. Pour pizza sauce 
over meatballs and sprinkle with garlic, cheese and Italian herb 
seasoning 
 
BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F. 
Bake for 30 minutes or until done. 

Recipe Note:If desired,batter may be mixed in a separate bowl.  Proceed as directed above.
            

6 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

This is one comforting dish bunny.

Bunny said...

Val I was totally surprised how easy and delicious this was! I can't wait to try another one!

Liz said...

You mentioned using chicken. Have you trlied that yet and was it cubed breast or what?
Liz

Bunny said...

Liz, I was thinking Chicken parm-ish so I would use breaded chicken but you could certainly use regular chicken breast. I haven't done it yet.

Unknown said...

To say "sorry you can't see the crust" makes this #mykindapizza!! There's so much good stuff on top, I love this recipe! Its always #recipemagic when you feel hungry after reading it, and I'm starving!

Bunny said...

LOL!! Thank you Debbie! It is definitely a keeper!