Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake




Milk chocolate, cinnamon and pecans layered in an incredibly soft and moist cake This is one fantastic coffee cake!
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title


I had an idea this was going to be good....I just didn't know how good!  When I was finished making the batter, which was gorgeous by the way, I knew the cake portion of this recipe was going to be excellent.  The batter for this cake is thick and fluffy, good grief I loved just looking at it before it was baked!  It's a dream batter and you could use it for so many other flavor combinations.  I have to admit though, the milk chocolate chips, cinnamon and pecan that are in the middle and on top of the cake is PERFECT!!  When you take that first bite of half melted chocolate chips, cinnamon and pecans you think you're in heaven and then comes the soft , moist texture of the cake and it's like...it doesn't get any better than this.  I love this coffee cake, it's got it all!  You need to make this!




To Print The Recipe, Click Here.





Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Coffee Cake



1 pkg.  (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks ( I used milk chocolate chips)

3/4 cup  Pecan Pieces

2 cups  sugar, divided

1-1/2 tsp.  ground cinnamon

2 2/3 cups  flour

1 1/2 tsp.  baking soda

3/4 tsp.   baking powder

1/2 tsp.  salt

3/4 cup  (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened (I used butter)

3 eggs

1 tsp.  vanilla

1-1/2 cups sour cream


  PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix chocolate, pecans, 2/3 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon; set aside. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
 
BEAT butter and remaining 1-1/3 cups sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, beating after each addition until well blended. Spoon half of the batter into greased 13x9-inch baking pan; top with half of the chocolate mixture. Repeat layers.
 
BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 32 squares to serve.

2 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I wish I had a piece of this with my coffee this morning. Love the flavors. I am picturing the thick fluffy batter and want to eat a spoon raw..lol.

Bunny said...

Oh it was so good!! You'd love it Jersey Girl!