Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Squares

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Squares give you the delicious taste of a pumpkin pie without the fuss of making  pie.
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.



My husband put a request in for pumpkin pie last week..." Pumpkin pie with pecans on it" he said.  I didn't really want to mess with a crust right now so I headed over to the Libby Pumpkin site to see what they had.  I found this pumpkin square recipe, much easier than making pie and just as delicious.  The bottom crust came together very fast ( lucky me) . After patting it into the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan ,I made the pumpkin filling.  Pumpkin pie spice gave it all the warm spice we love in pumpkin , the evaporated milk made the filling creamy and delicious.  Brown sugar and pecans on top , well that's just a bonus, and I was able to meet my husbands request for pecans and pumpkin. Next time I make it ,I'll add a little cinnamon to the topping, I love my cinnamon. The crust has a slight crisp chewy texture, the pumpkin is smooth and spiced while the brown sugar adds a little sweetness on top ,and the pecans give the squares a nice crunch.  Paul loved , I loved it.  This would be an excellent dessert to take to a pot luck or family dinner.  Enjoy!


 
To Print The recipe, Click Here





Pumpkin Pecan Pie Squares

Ingredients
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup old-fashioned or instant oats
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • Whipped Cream
 Directions

 PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

COMBINE flour, oats, brown sugar and butter in small mixer bowl. Beat at low speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until crumbly. Press on bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.

BAKE for 15 minutes.

COMBINE granulated sugar, pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes; pour over crust.

BAKE for 20 minutes. Combine pecans and brown sugar in small bowl. Sprinkle pecan topping over filling. Continue baking for 15 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Top with whipped cream.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum yum. We'll definitely make this.

Bunny said...

Stephanie, come back and tell me how it went for you, I'd love to know! These were delicious!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering..... I have 6 Wilton mini springform pans, do you think I could adapt this recipe to work in those? Wondering if it would come out of the pans and be firm enough to hold it's shape. Sounds like a really good recipe, thought they would look cute in minature form!

Bunny said...

Anonymous it would look cute in miniature form. The crust is flexible its not hard and crumbly so I don't think you'd have a hard time getting them of the bottom plate after they cool. If you want to try it just grease the pans good, but I'm sure you know that already. Let me know how it turns out!