Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Cream Cheese Raspberry Coffee Cake


Cream Cheese Raspberry Coffee Cake
This little gem is made with crescent rolls, cream cheese and fresh raspberries!
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.



The Pillsbury Dough Boy helped me make this delightful coffee cake this morning!  Oh my goodness what a treat!  Crescent rolls, a cream cheese filling with lemon zest and a lemon glaze to top it off with .  This has a nice crunch factor to it that fits very nicely with the soft cream cheese filling.  The fresh raspberries and lemon are totally amazing together.  It's like a danish...and you can make it at home.  I made this on my cookie sheet, I had no problem at all putting this together, it's an easy recipe.  The only thing I changed in the recipe was ...I didn't have orange juice , but I did have a lemon. I'm glad I used it, the lemon flavor along with the raspberries was wonderful.  I did have to add some milk to the glaze to make it a drizzling consistency but other than that...a Fantastic recipe!  Enjoy!!





To Print The Recipe Click Here.

Coffee Cake

2 cans (8 oz each Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 teaspoon sugar

Filling

1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons grated orange peel ( I used lemon)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 pint (2 cups) fresh raspberries

Glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 teaspoons orange juice ( I used lemon)
 
( I added a splash of milk to make it a drizzling consistency)
Directions
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet or 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. Reserve 4 triangles for topping. On sprayed cookie sheet, arrange 12 triangles in circle with points toward center, leaving 3-inch hole in center. Press dough to form 14-inch ring; press seams together to seal. Fold outer and center edges up 1/4 inch.


In medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients except raspberries; mix well. Gently stir in raspberries. (Mixture will be thin.) Spoon filling over dough

 With scissors or pizza cutter, cut each reserved triangle lengthwise into thirds. Place 1 teaspoon sugar on work surface. Press each dough strip into sugar. Arrange sugared dough strips, sugar side up, evenly in spoke-fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.

 Bake at 350°F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.

 In small bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter and orange juice; stir until smooth. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm.

3 comments:

tash1855 said...

I'm in Australia where we can't buy canned dough. Can you please suggest an alternative? I'm desperate to make this!!

Bunny said...

Tash1855, you could try using puff pastry instead of the canned dough. I'd roll the puff pastry out a bit because it will puff up. So try to roll thin. let me know if you use it,puff pastry sounds so wonderful with the filling ingredients!

Anonymous said...

very nice wish to get one pc :(