Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Big Grandma's Best Peanut Butter Cookies



Peanut Butter Cookies that are crispy around the edges and soft and chewy in the middle. That's what I'm talkin about!
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


This is a cherished family recipe I found posted on Food.com  I love recipes like this.  A recipe handed down into a large family and then shared with us.  And what a peanut butter cookie recipe it is.  I have always loved soft and chewy cookies, no matter what kind it is, it has to be soft and chewy.  I've never found a peanut butter cookie recipe that fit that bill until this one.  When I'm interested in a recipe I always read the reviews, there's some mighty fine information in them from people who've made the recipe.  This recipe had rave reviews from 276 people!  So what were they talking about in the reviews besides how FANTASTIC this cookie is?  They were talking about substitutions, mainly using butter for the Butter Flavored Crisco, or making these with half butter and half regular Crisco.   Since I didn't have shortening, I decided to make them with all butter.  I will at some point make these with Crisco ,just because I want to compare the two.  I don't know how it could have been any better than what I made with the butter, it was perfect if you love soft and chewy cookies. The appearance of the cookie is evidently different when making with shortening, it has a crinkled sugar cookie look. I rolled them in sugar , others didn't. I'm thrilled with this recipe, I finally found the peanut butter cookie recipe I've been looking for.  Thank you LiisaN for sharing your husbands grandmothers cherished family recipe, it truly is the BEST!  Enjoy!





To Print The Recipe, Click here.





Big Grandma's Best Peanut Butter Cookies
Posted By LiisaN

Ingredients

1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup white sugar
1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco ( I used butter)
1 cup creamy peanut butter (Skippy)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups flour (1/4 cup more if needed)

Directions:

Cream together the sugars, Crisco, peanut butter.
Add the eggs and vanilla
Sift the dry ingredients together and add gradually until blended well
Roll into tablespoon size balls.
Roll cookie dough balls into sugar.
Place on cookie sheets- do not mash with fork in normal "peanut butter cookie" fashion!
Bake at 350° oven for 11-13 minutes.






16 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

LOVE these kinds of recipes. Thanks for discovering it!

Stephanie said...

How much butter should I use instead of shortening?

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

These sound great. If you say they are good, I trust that they are! Thanks!

Bunny said...

Lori thanks for stopping by! It's a gem Lori, I'm just thankful they wanted to share it!

Bunny said...

Stephanie I swapped out the 1 cup of shortening for 1 cup of butter. Let me know how you like them!

Bunny said...

Lisa they were awesome cookies! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

How many cookies did this recipe make? Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Thanks Bunny. I assumed it would one cup but sometimes assuming is not always correct. :)

Bunny said...

Stephanie, it's always good to make sure. I'm glad you asked! Thanks for stopping by!

Bunny said...

Anonymous the recipe makes 36 cookies. Thanks for visiting!

Lynn said...

I found your blog & this recipe on Pinterest. Made these yesterday & they are so good! Thanks for sharing this great recipe...it's a keeper!

Bunny said...

Thank you Lynn for coming back and telling me you made them! I love it when you do that! I'm so happy you made them and loved them!

Del's cooking twist said...

Thank you so much for joining my party with your great cookies. They look so yummy! Your recipe is now featured in the Giant cookie party: http://www.delscookingtwist.com/2014/02/02/giant-cookie-party-with-a-twist/

Unknown said...

Can't wait to give these a try! I absolutely love peanut butter recipes!!

Bunny said...

You'll love these soft and chewy PB cookies Maggie! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

These are in my oven right now. If the cookie is as good as the batter, this will be a treat!