Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Banana Walnut Bars with Cream Cheese frosting


These banana bars are made moist and soft with sour cream. The flavors of banana and walnut dance around in your mouth while the cream cheese frosting adds luscious creaminess to each bite.  
To Read More, Click On The recipe Title.


This banana bar recipe came from Taste Of Home.  It was suppose to be made in a 15x10 inch cookie sheet.  I decided I wanted them a bit taller than that pan would make them so I made them in a jelly roll pan.  The baking time was about 5 minutes longer in my oven.  They were golden brown on top when they were done.  I found this recipe on Taste of Home and another recipe site, the comments on both sites had fantastic reviews.  After making them I can see why.  These bars are incredible!  I added an extra banana making 3 in the batter, I also added 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, Paul loved that addition.  These banana bars are so moist and soft, the flavor is fantastic, the cream cheese frosting along with everything else makes this bar over the top crazy good!   My husband said...."I like these waaayy to much!"  I couldn't have said it better myself.  Because you can make these in the 15x10 inch pan they would be great for pot luck dinners , or to share at work.  Be prepared though, they will want the recipe!  I hope you love these as much as we do!  Enjoy!





To Print The Recipe, Click Here.




Banana Walnut Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Taste Of Home

Cake
Ingredients
        1/2 cup butter, softened
        1-1/2 cups sugar
        2 eggs
        1 cup (8 ounces) Daisy Brand® Sour Cream
        1 teaspoon vanilla extract
        2 cups all-purpose flour
       1 teaspoon baking soda
       1/4 tsp salt
       2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup) I used 3 small bananas
        !/2 cup chopped walnuts ( my addition)

Frosting
Ingredients

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3-3/4 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in bananas

Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. ( I used a jelly roll pan) baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool.

For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in enough confectioners' sugar to achieve desired consistency. Frost bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-4 dozen.





       

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks awesome! How do you think they'd do as muffins?

Amy from TOH

Rosita Vargas said...

Me encanta me encanta se ve irresistible el glaseado,abrazos.

Bunny said...

Obrigado Rosita! Cozimento feliz!

Bunny said...

Amy, I think they'd do well as muffins, you just won't alot. Let me if you try it!

Anonymous said...

I'm making them for my.loved ones.

Bunny said...

Anonymous, that's the best reason to bake, I hope they love them!