Homemade Bakery Style Cookies that are big, thick, soft and chewy!
To Read More,Click On The Recipe Title.
Measure the dough out with a quarter cup measuring cup, skim the top off and roll the dough into a ball, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about three inches apart (remember these are big cookies). Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 - 17 minutes, until they look brown around the edges. They may not look done in the center but that's ok, after baked they will sit on the cookie sheet about 10 minutes and bake more from the hot cookie sheet.
Remove cookies from the baking sheet and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
I hope this was helpful, I know the "how to pics" aren't great but it was a last minute decision. This recipe isn't complicated or hard, but I think it's helpful to actual see what the batter should look like along the way so you have no question whether you're beating the ingredients enough to get the right batter texture after each ingredient addition. Now all that's left to do is...EAT THEM!! Enjoy!
To Print The Recipe, Click Here.
Bakery Style Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookies
Inspired By Allrecipes
Makes 14 cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted,cooled to room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 egg, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
1. Sift together the dry ingredients ( flour,baking soda and salt)
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer - cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well incorporated, the batter won't be grainy and the melted butter will be incorporated. This should take 3-5 minutes.
3. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla till light and creamy. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
4. Fold the sifted dry ingredients into the batter until just incorporated. Fold the chocolate chips and nuts into the batter.
5. Measure the dough out with a 1/4 cup measuring cup, swiping off to level it. Roll the dough into a ball with your hands and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Bake 15 -17 minutes until edges are brown. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool with cookies on it about 10 minutes. Remove cookies from sheet to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 14 big, fat chewy cookies.