Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Cinnamon Rolls

Oh I was so happy that these Cinnamon rolls turned out as good as they did!! I've always wanted to make them in my jumbo muffin tins and today I did it. I used my potato bread recipe which I've used before to make Sticky Buns. This time I got to use my kitchen aide mixer and the dough turned out sooo soft and elastic that I was in heaven!! The bread dough is always sticky when I make it and Ive made it quite a few times now. I don't add anymore flour than the recipe calls for. I just flour my hands good and lay flour on the counter so it doesn't stick, grease the bowl and plop it in. The filling for the buns comes from my friend. And so does the cream cheese frosting. I love the frosting, it's to die for!!  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


The Potato Bread Recipe is here

This bread recipe makes 2 loaves, I usually divide the dough in half, make bread with one half and cinnamon buns with the other.

Roll the dough out after the first rise into a rectangle, I didn't measure it, I just rolled it out. put the filling on the dough, roll it up jelly roll style pinch the long seam closed. Cut the dough about an inch thick, spray the muffin tins with Pam or whatever you use and put the dough into the tins cut side down. Let them rise until double in size in a warm place. set the oven to 350 and bake about 25 minutes or until they start to brown on the top. Mix the frosting together and frost the buns, I don't wait till they're completely cooled, I frost them while they're warm. All that's left to do is ...ENJOY!!

FILLING:
3/4 c. packed dark brown sugar
3/4 c. butter, at room temperature
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 egg white
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract


GLAZE:
1 c. confectioners' sugar
2 oz. cream cheese (about 1/4 c.)
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. lemon extract (this is what makes these cinnamon buns over the top!)

3 comments:

Carol said...

Bunny-these cinnamon rolls look AMAZING! I know what you mean about that cream cheese frosting-VERY YUMMY!!!! And SO glad to hear your KitchenAid is really saving you time-I kinda thought it might!!!!!

Anonymous said...

cookie the egg yolks were going to be saved to make something, i did't know what at the time but asaysha my 3 yr old granddaughter was with me when i was making the cake...they didn't survive asaysha's visit!!! lol i had my back to her making the cake, need i say more. i also had egg shells everywhere as she was crushing them to make her "own" cake. when i got the broom out to clean up all the egg shells on the floor she said "what are you doing gramma" i said sweeping the floor, she said "i did it gramma, i sorry". She's a stinker that one!!

Anonymous said...

I used to make 'homemade' cinnamon rolls from Bisquick biscuit dough, cinnamon sugar, melted butter and homemade icing when I was younger (in the 10-12 range). I haven't made them for a loooong time, but this recipe makes me want to. Maybe I'll make them for my sister.

Still, never thought of using potato bread. Interesting!