Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Orange Muffins with a Cream Cheese Glaze

Last week work was exhausting, I was so glad to see the week come to an end. I was happy to be able to get back into the kitchen today and bake. Baking is therapeutic for me, it's what I love to do. I also love looking for recipes, it must be the thrill of the hunt ( hee hee)! I found this recipe on the Crisco site, since I love the flavor of orange I wanted to try it.   To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title
What caught my eye about this recipe was the orange marmalade in the muffin as well as in the glaze. This has a very subtle orange flavor, the inside of the muffin was nice and moist. The glaze is a very nice addition to this muffin. Very nice indeed. I made my muffins in a jumbo muffin pan and got 5 muffins, I also made the frosting into more of a glaze by adding 2 tablespoons of milk instead of 2 teaspoons, I had lots of glaze left over so the next time I'll only make half the frosting recipe.


Picture cake and rolls 1534

The muffins turned a nice golden brown on top and had a slight little crisp to them, which went well with the moistness of the inside.


Picture cake and rolls 1615

Look at those nice pieces of orange marmalade in that glaze! I really enjoyed these, I hope you do too!


Orange Cream Cheese Muffins
Crisco Site

MUFFINS

1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped nuts (I didn't use these)
1 large egg
1/3 cup orange juice
1/3 cup Smucker's® Orange Marmalade Simply Fruit
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, Use your favorite CRISCO Oil

FROSTING

1 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup Smucker's® Orange Marmalade Simply Fruit
1 to 2 teaspoons milk

PREPARATION DIRECTIONS:

1.HEAT oven to 425°F. Spray bottoms only of 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray

.2.COMBINE flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Add nuts; mix well. Make well in center.

3.COMBINE egg, orange juice, 1/3 cup marmalade, milk and oil in separate bowl. Add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir quickly until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. 4.BAKE 15 to 20 minutes. Cool.5.

COMBINE all frosting ingredients in bowl of electric mixer; beat until desired consistency. Frost cooled muffins.

33 comments:

Dewi said...

Love to see that glaze drizzling like that, It make the cake, cookies, or muffins more appetizing.
Cheers,
elra

Anonymous said...

That works for me.

Heather said...

oh, wow! that sounds absolutely delicious. the cream cheese glaze sounds amazing :)

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Oh man that glaze! Beautiful!

Leslie M. said...

These look amazing. Your picture is beautiful and your Muffin reminds me of Spring!!!
I bet these smell wonderful!!!
Yum!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Deeba PAB said...

Look at that glaze. How fresh & exciting Bunny...welcome Spring!!

Meg said...

Look at all the lovely glaze dripping off!

Reeni said...

These look lovely!! I love the orange flavor with cream cheese. The glaze is beautiful!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

I like that first photo but LOVE that second with glaze dripping down, mmmmmm. Good job, Bunny!
~ingrid

BumbleVee said...

Oh, yeh....... gotta try these....

Sharon said...

Glad your stressful week is over! I find baking therapeutic too, but then I end up eating it all and then I get stressed...the cycle starts all over again :)

I love the icing photo!

Donna-FFW said...

Well, this just looks absolutely delicious. The frosting dripping down, so good. I love the orange marmalade addition.

Kendra said...

I'll have two with a big ole glass of milk please :)

Elyse said...

These muffins look absolutely delicious. I love the addition of marmalade!! You're so right: baking is extremely therapeutic, especially when the end product is something as yummy as these muffins!

Ivy said...

They sound amazing with the orange flavoured cream cheese glaze.

Marie Rayner said...

Bunny, I looked at the top picture and thought, those muffins look really good and then I scrolled down and saw the one with the glaze and I thought wow, I got to make those! Fantastic!! They look so delicious! Great pictures!

pigpigscorner said...

The glaze looks amazing on the muffin!

Shelby said...

Oh man, I am sooo behind on my blog reading. This looks so good! I'm off to read more of your blog and drool some more!

Maria said...

I am drooling over that glaze!! They look so good!

giz said...

Doen't that glaze look dreamy creamy (new culinary term).I'm with you on the baking as therapy. Why pay a therapist when I can just get fat :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I could drink that frosting...

Cristine said...

Wow! Not that I needed another muffin recipe (I LOVE the hunt, too!), but this is going to the top of my list! YUM YUM YUM! Great photos, too!

Lisa said...

Oh, how pretty! That glaze looks so cute and delicious.

Gloria Baker said...

YUmmy!!!! I love these Orange Muffins!! so delicious Bunny!! xGloria

Karen said...

wow, these look great! beautiful pics :)

Emily said...

Ohhh man. I'm very tempted to bake these. They look so good! I've been craving orange lately.

grace said...

mmm...that glaze takes your muffins from great to STELLAR. i love the specks of marmalade!

Lucy..♥ said...

mmmmmmm that flowing glaze looks so inviting!!!

CookingCourtney said...

those look so good, i love anything orange

Amanda said...

WOW those look amazing! Thanks for stopping by Thrifty Thursday bunny :) Be sure to link to your Thursday thrifty post if you have one!

Tiffany said...

Those look incredible!

pastry studio said...

I'm an orange flavor hound, too. I love the idea of marmalade in the glaze!

Julie higgins said...

I just found your blog as I was searching for orange muffins...we have an abundance of oranges right now and I'm trying to find lot's of ways to use them up!
Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!!!