Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Frozen Strawberry Cream Pie


Photobucket

Have you seen the strawberries in the store?? They actually don't look to bad for this time of year! I couldn't resist them so I bought them and decided to make this pie.   To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


This recipe came from The Prepared Pantry, I wanted to make it last year but never got around to it so it was the first thing I thought of for the strawberries. Why this recipe? The cream and cream cheese! Plus it's a snap to but together. Another plus is it's a freezer pie, you can make it, throw it into the freeze a couple days before you need it and pull it out. The recipe called for frozen sweetened strawberries, I used 1 1/2 cups of fresh pureed with a 1/4 of sugar mixed in to sweeten them. Since they aren't in season yet I added 1 tsp of strawberry extract to boost the strawberry flavor. I used a graham cracker crust, perfect for the pie! The key to this recipe is keeping the ingredients cold, puree the strawberries and put them into the fridge, whip the cream and put it into the fridge, take the can of sweetened condensed milk and put it in the fridge. Take the cream cheese straight from the fridge before you beat it, it doesn't have to be room temp. After you make the graham cracker crust it goes....yeah in the fridge!! LOL!! There aren't a lot of ingredients you just have to get yourself prepared before you put it together, really it's easy!! I filled the pie crust to the tippy top and still had some left over, no problem just freeze in individual cups!


strawberry cream pie
How good would this be on a hot summer day!!

Wanna print just the recipe, click here!

Strawberry Cream Pie
The Prepared Pantry

Ingredients:

1 nine-inch deep dish pie shell, well-chilled
1 cup whipping cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, well-chilled
1 1/2 cups pureed, sweetened strawberries (strawberries in syrup or strawberries with sugar added

Directions:
Make sure the ingredients and the pie shell are well-chilled.
1. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Set in the refrigerator to keep cold. 2. Whip the cream cheese. Beat in the condensed milk and strawberries. 3. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Pour the filling into the pie shell. If the filling ingredients have been kept cold and you work quickly, the shell should overfill to a slight mound. Immediately stick the pie in the freezer to set. Freeze for four hours or more. Serve frozen



strawberry cream pie

Use your fresh strawberries in this delicious strawberry frozen yogurt recipe!

52 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I love this pie! My grandmother used to make something similar with strawberries and pineapple.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Wow what a feast! You don't need to drool at other blogs, this food is completely drool worthy. I have a lot of left over ham from Easter and I'm gpoing to make the ham and corn chowder.

Eliana said...

What an awesome post. Thanks for all of these recipes.

vanillasugarblog said...

oh that pie! that pie! I truly must make that pie! LOL

Dewi said...

What a delicious and mouth watering recipes you have here. I love that chowder, and the tart is to die for.
Cheers,
elra

Ivy said...

That Strawberry cream pie sounds amazingly delightful and such a simple recipe too. Thanks!

Ciao Chow Linda said...

The soup, the bread, the pie - each one more tempting than the last. I will try out your soup for sure with some of that leftover ham I put in the freezer. I'm getting sick and tired of ham and bean soup.

noble pig said...

Wow, what a meal. It all sounds delicious, and that pie...OMG.

Katy ~ said...

Wow, what a delicious meal. I'm thinking ham chowder is just the ticket. I can't possibly eat another ham salad sandwich! And the pie--oh boy does that look tempting. The calzone looks good, too. Everything is just YUMMERS!

Terri said...

Okay. I've printed all three recipes, but I think the first one will be the pie. I'm craving strawberries. Next will definitely be the chowder, you know, before the weather gets too warm. If I make the sandwich, I'll have to freeze at least half...oh what a shame to have something in the freezer to throw in the oven on a lazy day!

Heather said...

whoa! that chowder! that fan!! that pie!!! i want it all!!!! it looks delicious :)

Dragon said...

Your broccoli cheese fan is making my mouth water. Yum!

Kerstin said...

Everything looks amazing! I especially love the broccoli cheese fan - yum!

Cate said...

I just made a split pea soup with our hambone, but still have ham to use up - the chowder looks delish!

Donna-FFW said...

Oh this all looks so very delicious! I LOVE THAT pie. The chowder looks absolutely terrific and I am trying that one!

Reeni said...

Everything looks really good!! The soup looks creamy and delicous, and the broccoli fan looks amazing! I think I'm going to have to make that for sure! And the strawberries have been extremely gorgeous-the pie is divine!

Jacque said...

You two always make me hungry with your fantastic looking food. Do you ship your meals? If so, sign me up!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh, everything looks so delicious!! I want it all!

Marie Rayner said...

PS - How do you do that recipe print thing? I would love to be able to do that on my page for people.

Shelby said...

Bunny, I always leave here HUNGRY! ;o) That chowder makes me wish I had baked a ham....

Steph said...

That pie looks amazing.. like a cheesecake with strawberries!

Cristine said...

SO YUM!!!! I want to eat this meal NOW! :)

grace said...

another loaded post, bunny! i love, love, love corn chowdah, and this version is completely appealing. and come on, that pie is ridiculously gorgeous and would taste like summer on a plate. excellent post!

Marie Rayner said...

no gmail Bunny, just my aol account. mariealicejoan at aol dot com
Thanks!

Daziano said...

I'm REALLY dying for a piece of that pie!!!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Yum, it ALL looks fantastic. I was hungry when I first got here now I'm starving. Thank goodness it's almost time for lunch!
~ingrid

Ginger said...

Before I go, because your wonderful blog has just made me officially very hungry (and I have already eaten dinner!!!) I must say the ham chowder looks and sounds delicious!!

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Hi Bunny! Thanks for poppin' over to my blog today! I already follow you so I pop over occasionally.

I didn't do a ham, I just got to eat ham LOL! So no leftovers at our house. We had all the typical carby southern foods though.

That strawberry cream pie is right up my alley. Will definitely be trying that one!

Mary

sandla said...

wow everything looks so delicious!!

Proud Italian Cook said...

That strawberry pie is perfect for spring and summer. This will grace my table for sure!!

The Blonde Duck said...

That fan looks so fancy! Wow!

pastry studio said...

I love broccoli and this bread looks beautiful. And there's something about strawberries and tart cream that is irresistible!

Lori said...

What beautiful food. The fan looks so perfect. And the soup- a great idea for after the ham dinner. And dessert, well, oh my it looks fabulous!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

So sorry you had to work on Easter. The last thing I would want to be doing is watch OTHER people enjoying an Easter dinner.

I share your opinion of ham. It's not my favorite. It's weird because I love cured meats, but somehow ham doesn't float my boat unless it's *really good* ham (or prosciutto of course, but that's a whole other ham category). I'd rather just have pork, or fresh ham.

Ham lover or not, the soup looks delicious.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Lovely site! Your recipes look wonderful!!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I signed up to follow your :).

Anonymous said...

Hi Bunny! That pie is tempting :)

Tracy said...

I'm with you -- I don't love ham -- but the chowder looks great!

Elyse said...

I'm not a big fan of ham either!! We're few and far between, us ham-skeptics. I think I could totally handle it in your yummy ham and corn chowder, though. And man, that broccoli cheese fan and strawberry cream pie, they both sound totally delicious!

Lo said...

Bunny... that's three too many good things in one post!

The soup looks uber creamy (I'm a sucker for creamy)... and Peef is a HUGE fan (heh) of broccoli & cheese anything -- so that gets his vote!

Thank YOU for all your support for us in the Marxfood.com Morel Challenge. You are the best.

Maria said...

I am loving that pie. Strawberries are so good right now!

Maria said...

I am loving that pie. Strawberries are so good right now!

giz said...

I'm loving the broccoli cheen fan - so pretty and makes for a beautiful and colourful presentation.

Theresa said...

What a great post. I going right for that pie!!! My weekness!

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Wowza, I want to eat at your table, this looks devine!!

Your fellow foodie,

Jenifer
J&J DISH

Sophie said...

What a wonderful spread! The broccoli and cheese fan is beautiful. I would happily eat all of these yummy items in one sitting :).

Gloria Baker said...

Absolutely nice and wonderful Bunny, I love the strawberries pie!!! xGloria

Unknown said...

everything looks so good... now, where do i start? :)

Jeff said...

My corn chowder normally gets bacon treatment but I am going to have to try it with ham. Especially since I have a nice smoked ham sitting in my freezer right now.

That strawberry cream pie is making me craving strawberry season here badly.

Lisa said...

Mmmm! Looks good. That pie is so pretty and the loaf looks scrumptious!

Emily said...

I have GOT to try that pie recipe! Looks sooo good. What a meal you had!

Pumpkin said...

I did the same thing when hams were on sale! I have the bone and lots of leftover ham frozen for soup making later- I like the looks of your chowder! I'm gonna have to use some of my ham leftovers for this soup. Yummmmm...

Maris said...

Your broccoli cheese fan sounds delicious! I love that combo. Sounds like a great meal!