Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pioneer Woman's Italian Drip Beef

Italian Drip Beef

 A delicious Italian Drip Beef made in the crock pot.  Put the ingredients in your crock pot and 5 or 6 hours later reap the reward of having an incredible dinner!
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.

"If you owned a restaurant and all you sold was this sandwich with a side of fries, you'd have them lined up at the door".  That's the reaction I got when I served this for lunch to Paul and David.  This is absolutely delicious!  You bet I'll be making this again!  This recipe is a ...put it in the crock pot and forget about it dinner with amazing results.  I didn't have any sandwich rolls but I did have a loaf of Italian bread.  I decided to make open faced sandwiches with it.  I brushed the Italian bread slices with butter on both sides and toasted them in my frying pan.  I sauteed onions in a little olive oil and put them on top of the toasted bread then piled the beef on. I topped the sandwich with slices of mozzarella cheese.  The open faced sandwich went under the broiler till the cheese was bubbling hot and slightly browning. The drip was served on the side to dip each tasty bite into. LOVED IT!!  I hope you make this an enjoy it as much as we did!!



Italian Drip Beef
To Print The Recipe, Click Here.




Italian Drip Beef
Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:

  • 1 whole Beef Chuck Roast, 2.5 To 4 Pounds
  • 1 can Beef Consomme Or Beef Broth
  • 3 Tablespoons (heaping) Italian Seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 cup Water
  • 1/2 jar (16 Oz) Pepperoncini Peppers, With Juice
  • Buttered, Toasted Deli Rolls


Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a heavy pot or dutch oven. Stir lightly to combine seasoning with the liquid.
Cover and bake in a 275 degree oven* for 5 to 6 hours, or until meat is fork-tender and falling apart. **If meat is not yet tender, return to oven for 30 minute intervals till it's tender!**
Remove from oven. With two forks, completely shred all meat, leaving no large chunks behind. Serve immediately, or keep warm over a simmer on the stove.
May make the day before, then store in the refrigerator. Remove the hardened fat from the top before reheating.
Serve on buttered, toasted rolls. Top with cheese and melt under the broiler if desired. Serve with juices from the pot.


15 comments:

Kecia said...

This looks fantastic! I know it is something my family would adore!

barb said...

I have made this more than once and always to rave reviews. I do cut down on the salt a bit as the pepperoncinis are a bit salty and I do add garlic cloves whole 3-4. This is such a keeper.

Unknown said...

Yum Mary! This recipe looks fabulous! I love the pioneer woman!

Karen said...

Gosh, this looks good!

Bunny said...

Kecia I hope you give it a try, they will love it!

Bunny said...

Barb, so happy you stopped by with a good review of the recipe, it's always a big help to anyone coming along to know!

Bunny said...

Thank you Sarah, she's a big favorite her too!

Bunny said...

Thank you Karen!!

Life Tastes Good said...

Oh my goodness, Mary, this looks sooo good! I love that it is easy to make too! I'll have to give this a go soon! I know the hubs will go crazy for it!

Bunny said...

Well if he likes it as much as mine did it'll definitely be a keeper Marion!

Lori Vachon said...

Now I'm REALLY REALLY hungry...looks fab! Pinning :)

Alecia said...

Thank you for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays. As one of the co-hosts, I will be featuring your recipe on Tasty Tuesdays this week on my site, Detours in Life. CongrDats! Please stop by and grab a feature button when you get a chance.

JeanneLoree said...

Do you cook it at high or low in your crock pot?

Bunny said...

Hi JeanneLoree, it went in on low. I hope you try this, you'll love it!

JeanneLoree said...

I'm definitely going to try it!! It looks so delicious!