Cherry preserves nestled in a cream cheese filled cake batter and topped with pecan and brown sugar.
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
This is one terrific 9 inch coffee cake! The cake portion is very soft and moist because of the cream cheese in the batter, not to mention butter to boot. I thoroughly enjoyed this made with cherry preserves but feel free to switch out the preserves to any flavor you like. Versatility, I love that! The lemon juice that's mixed in with the cherry preserves brights the cherry flavor and cuts the sugar making the cherry taste slightly tart , which is good because the brown sugar and pecan topping come along and add a nice crunch with a little sweet. It's absolutely the perfect combination. I can't wait to make this with strawberry and apricot preserves,one delicious moist cake recipe with so many flavor options. This ones a keeper! I hope you love this as much as we did. Enjoy!
To Print The Recipe,Click Here.
Cherry Preserve Coffee Cake
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup butter,room temperature
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbls white sugar
2 Tbls milk
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 heaping cup cherry preserves
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbls light brown sugar
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch baking pan with shortening.
2. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add the milk,egg and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture. Beat with until well combined.
4. In a medium size bowl combine the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt. Stir together to combine. While mixing with an electric mixer, gradually add the flour to the cream cheese mixture a little at a time. Mix until just incorporated.
5. Spread half the cake batter ( which is about 1 cup) into the prepared baking dish. Smooth the batter out. Combine the preserves and lemon juice together and stir. Spread over top the cake batter evenly. Drop the remaining cake batter in small dollops over the preserves. Combine the chopped pecans and brown sugar, sprinkle over top.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick at about 25 minutes. Continue to bake if toothpick is wet.