Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cinnamon Swirl Bread



I saw this yummy bread on Adding A Little Southern Charm and had to make it. I love cinnamon and sugar so I knew I was going to love this bread. This is soooo soft!  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


My son Billy whose 27 , very handsome and single happened to be riding by the house when I was outside taking a picture of this. He pulled in the back yard and yelled "mom why are you taking pictures of food?" I went up to the car with a slice of this in my hand , and while he eat it I explained the whole blog thing. After he ate it , which took a whole 2 minutes...maybe, he said "tell everybody on your blog I give it 2 thumbs up! There you go an unbiased testimonial from my son, hee hee!! When my husband had his piece he said the top of it, which is covered in cinnamon and sugar was great! Gotta love the hungry men in my family. So here's the recipe for the 2 thumbs up - great cinnamon bread!



Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Adding A Little Southern Charm

1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONSIn a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, 1 cup sugar and egg until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar.Pour a third of the batter into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pan; sprinkle with a third of the cinnamon-sugar. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

Elle said...

It must be amazing with the buttermilk! I'd love a slice (or two) right now!

grace said...

all you have to say was "cinnamon" and i'm hooked. the top would be my favorite, too. :)