Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans Served with Spicy Tomato Rice

Mexican Chicken and Beans Served with Spicy Tomato Rice
An easy delicious dinner you can have on the table in no time flat.  This can also be made Gluten Free.
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
I love finding dinner recipes like this.  This is a winner all the way around.  Not only is this easy, the ingredient list is simple so you may already have everything you need. Chicken, taco seasoning,black beans, Mexicorn and water. That's it!  Let's talk Gluten Free, I always buy Old El Paso Taco Seasoning which is Gluten Free, pair this delicious chicken filling with corn tortillas and you've got an outstanding Gluten Free dinner.  The recipe called for uncooked chicken breast strips, I had boneless skinless chicken thighs that I cut into strips.  I had corn but not the Mexicorn with the red peppers in it ,but I did have frozen green and red peppers from our garden last year that I chopped up and used.  After all your ingredients are in the pan, let it simmer until the sauce thickens.  Add corn tortillas or tortilla chips, grated cheese, pickled jalapenos, lime juice or sour cream and you've got a fast delicious dinner.


Mexican Chicken and Beans Served with Spicy Tomato Rice

I didn't have corn tortillas in the house tonight but I did have everything to make Spicy Tomato Rice.  This is another very easy recipe that we loved!  I started the rice before I made the chicken, both dishes were ready about the same time.  This was a great side dish to accompany the chicken. I did leave out  the jalapenos and substituted green pepper in it's place.  I'm not a lover of anything hot, but I do love spicy.  This was perfect for me.
As I've said before, I don't normally venture to far away from baking, but when I come across recipes that are this good, I just have to share.  I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!


Mexican Chicken and Beans Served with Spicy Tomato Rice

To Print The Recipe, Click Here.



Easy Mexican Chicken and Beans
Betty Crocker

Ingredients:

1
lb uncooked chicken breast strips for stir-fry
1
package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
1
can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
1
can (11 oz) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, undrained
1/4
cup water
Flour tortillas, if desired 
 Directions:
  1. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to skillet; cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
  2. Stir in seasoning mix, beans, corn and water. Cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with tortillas.
Makes 4 servings 


 To Print The Recipe , Click Here.

Spicy Tomato Rice

Ingredients:

1 TBLS Butter
2 cups white, long grain rice
1/3 cup diced jalapenos
1/3 cup diced green onion
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 TBLS chili powder
1/2 teaspoon chipotle, or more to taste
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup tomato sauce


Directions:

In a saucepan on low heat, melt the butter, and add the rice, peppers, onions, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, coating the grains of rice with the butter. Stir in the chili powder, chipotle, cumin, and salt.

Add the chicken stock and tomato sauce. Turn the heat to med-high and bring to a simmer. Then turn down to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, turn off the heat and let sit for 9 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork, and serve hot.

Here is another easy delicious chicken dinner your family will love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loving the combo yumsss :P