Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Soft and Chewy S'mores Bars


Soft and Chewy S'mores Bars
Soft and chewy S'mores bars, this is one of those desserts you just can't help but keep going back to.
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.
I have never made anything S'mores before...ever!  I'm glad I decided to try this recipe for my first baked S'mores experience.
  These are delicious and so easy to make.  After the dough is made for the base of the dessert, saving half for the top, it's just candy bars and marshmallows for the filling.  How easy is that!  The dough base bakes up very soft and chewy.  The four Hershey's candy bars and 3 cups of miniature marshmallows are layered on top of the base while it's still hot, then the remaining dough is used for the top.  You can break small chunks of the dough off and sprinkle it on top.  I chose to take pieces in my fingers and flatten them out a bite and then lay them on top of the marshmallows to cover it better.  These bars are so good! They are soft, chewy, Smore's delicious!  


Soft and Chewy S'mores Bars
To Print The Recipe, Click Here.




S'mores Bars
Food.com

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened 
3/4 cup sugar  
1 egg 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract  
1 1/3 cups flour 
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs 
1 teaspoon baking powder  
1/4 teaspoon salt 
4 (1 5/8 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars ( I use Hershey's)  
3 cups miniature marshmallows

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
  2. Beat butter and sugar together until well blended in a large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
  3. In another bowl stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
  4. Press half the dough into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
  5. Unwrap chocolate bars; arrange over baked layer. They may not quite all fit, you may be forced to eat a couple pieces. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Scatter remaining dough over the marshmallows, forming a top layer.
  6. Bake 10- 15 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool compleletly before cutting.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delicious .. lovely smore Bars ~ looks are too good .. i am wondering about the taste.. shall try :)

Winelady Cooks said...

Love these Mary. I've pinned and shared. Can't wait to make these this weekend.

LynnsSouthernHeart said...

Just wanted to let you know that I made these today and OMGoodness!!! These are seriously so good!!! I made a different smores bar recipe before and it wasn't anywhere near this good!! What I really loved is I had all the ingredients needed and it was really easy to make. Thank you so much for this recipe! I will definitely be making again!

Ali @ Jamhands.net said...

These look so good :) I love s'mores anything. Thank you so much for linking this recipe up at Recipe Sharing Monday. I hope to see you back next Monday. Have a good weekend!

Bunny said...

Monuteena, they are absolutely delicious!

Bunny said...

Joanne, thank you so much!!

Bunny said...

Lynn, I'm with you Girl, I couldn't keep my hands off of them!!

Bunny said...

Ali, thank you for the opportunity to share!