Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Buttery Raspberry Almond Thumprint Cookies

Buttery Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies From Taste Of Home
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


I've baked quite a few Taste Of Home recipes since starting this blog.  They're always perfect, always delicious, and that's why I keep making them. So when the Taste Of Home Holiday Baking Book 2013 came in the mail the other day it was like Christmas came early at my house! I sat and looked at all the recipes and photos, I was definitely in my happy place. I was sad to come to the last page.  I just wanted it to keep on going!  Good grief I could bake out of this book for a year and love every minute of it!  You can buy the book here, if you haven't seen it yet.  I saw the recipe for these Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies .  As long as I've been baking I have never made  thumbprint cookies, it was time to remedy that.  What I liked about the recipe was I already had everything in my pantry to make them. The recipe was easy to follow, in no time at all I had delicious buttery  Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies that were incredible!   This is like a shortbread cookie with raspberry jam in the middle!  When my husband finally got a taste of one he yelled up the steps...Bunny...these cookies, these are the real deal!  Yep he approved big time!  I love it when that happens!  I'll be making another recipe from the book this week, I can't wait to show it to you!   Enjoy!                                       



To Print The Recipe, Click Here.


Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
Taste of Home Holiday Baking 2013

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
Glaze
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon water

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and extract until light and fluffy.  Add flour and mix well.  Chill for 1 hour.  Roll into 1 inch balls. ( Using your 1 Tablespoon measuring spoon to measure the dough will give you one inch balls) Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.  Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each; fill each with 1/4 teaspoon jam.  Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.  Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
For glaze, in small bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, extract and water. Drizzle over cookies.

Looking for another raspberry treat? Try this delicious raspberry cake with only 4 points!








2 comments:

Sandra Shaffer said...

These should be made all year long! I love thumbprint cookies. These look fantastic, Mary!

Bunny said...

Thank you Sandra, these were like shortbread cookies with jam. They were soooo good!