Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pumpkin Cookies with Penuche Frosting


These Pumpkin Cookies are very soft and tender, the frosting and pecans make these one luscious cookie
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.

I was looking for a good pumpkin cookie recipe, I found one on The Taste of Home site.  My goodness this cookie is the most soft, tender cookie I've ever made.  This little gem practically melts in your mouth!  The Penuche Frosting fits this cookie like a glove.  The frosting is made by cooking butter and brown sugar till it boils for one minute and then letting it cool for 10 minutes.  After it cooled mine looked like it had firmed up on the bottom of the pan.  I took it out in pieces and put it into the mixing bowl and added the milk. I let it mix until it melted beautifully into a nice tan color. I added 1 3/4 cups of powdered sugar to make a spreadable frosting to my liking.  I decided to put the pecans in the recipe on top of the frosting instead of inside the batter.  I thought it made a nice decoration.  I pressed the pecans into the penuche lightly with my hand so they would adhere. Putting the nuts on top would be a great way to please those people that don't care for nuts and those who do. The frosting drys to make these cookies stack able or able to be packaged up.  These pumpkin cookies have found a permanent place in my recipe box, they're incredible!  Enjoy!


  

To Print the Recipe. Click Here





Pumpkin Cookies with Penuche Frosting
Taste Of Home

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Penuche Frosting
3 TBLS brown sugar
2 TBLS butter
3 TBLS milk
1 3/4 - 2 cups confectioners sugar

Directions:
In large bowl cream butter and sugars.  Beat in egg.  Add pumpkin and vanilla.  Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.  Stir in pecans.
Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.  Remove to wire rack to cool.

For the frosting
In a small pan bring brown sugar and butter to a boil.  Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute.  Remove from the heat; cool 10 minutes.  Transfer to  large bowl; beat in milk.  Beat in confectioners sugar to achieve spreading consistency.  Frost cookies.  Makes 5 dozen.




4 comments:

Chelsea Marrs said...

How adorable! I absolutely love soft cookies, and pumpkin flavor is perfect for the holidays! I may have to try this one :)

Best,
Chelsea M.
Chow Down by the Bay

Bunny said...

Chelsea you'll love these cookies! Thanks for stopping by!

Charlotte Moore said...

This is my kind of cookie. Thick and soft. YUM!!!

Bunny said...

Charlotte these cookies are amazing and very soft! I hope you get to try them!!Thank you for coming to visit!