Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Cream Cheese Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze


These Blueberry muffins are very moist because of the cream cheese in the batter, the lemon glaze gives them a little bit of sweet while the blueberry taste shines through. There's also a touch of pecan in these delicious muffins for a slight crunch.
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


These muffins are so very light and moist.  They're absolutely delicious.  Because they have a simple light glaze they aren't overly sweet.  The wonderful blueberry flavor I love so much came through very nicely.  This recipe came from Taste Of Home, it was originally a cranberry muffin...I had frozen blueberries.  Since the recipe said you could use frozen cranberries, I figured frozen blueberries would be just fine, and they were.  I didn't thaw the blueberries first, I put them in the batter frozen.  I also halved the recipe, Paul and I don't need 24 muffins for just the two of us.  The recipe said to fill the muffin liners 3/4 full, which I did to 6 of the muffins.  For the other 6 I filled the liners to the top and got beautiful domed muffins.  I added lemon juice to the glaze to satisfy my craving for blueberry and lemon.  I used 1 1/2 TBLs milk and 1 1/2 TBLs lemon juice to make the glaze.  These muffins are absolutely lovely, so moist and delicious.  They are definitely a keeper!  Enjoy!




To Print The Recipe Click Here.


Cream Cheese Blueberry Muffins With Lemon Glaze
Taste Of Home ( adapted)

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • DRIZZLE:
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons 2% milk ( I used 1 1/2 TBLS milk and 1 1/2 TBLS lemon juice)

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light
  • and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
  • addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and
  • salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in
  • cranberries and pecans.

  • Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
  • 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
  • center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
  • to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over
  • muffins. Yield: 2 dozen.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary, these look absolutely amazing!! I love muffins, blueberries and lemons so this would be perfect for me!!

Sandi @ A New York Foodie

Bunny said...

Thank you Sandi, they were wonderful!