Monday, December 16, 2013

Cream Cheese Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze

These Blueberry muffins are very moist because of the cream cheese in the batter, the lemon glaze gives them a little bit of sweet while the blueberry taste shines through. There's also a touch of pecan in these delicious muffins for a slight crunch.
To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.

These muffins are so very light and moist.  They're absolutely delicious.  Because they have a simple light glaze they aren't overly sweet.  The wonderful blueberry flavor I love so much came through very nicely.  This recipe came from Taste Of Home, it was originally a cranberry muffin...I had frozen blueberries.  Since the recipe said you could use frozen cranberries, I figured frozen blueberries would be just fine, and they were.  I didn't thaw the blueberries first, I put them in the batter frozen.  I also halved the recipe, Paul and I don't need 24 muffins for just the two of us.  The recipe said to fill the muffin liners 3/4 full, which I did to 6 of the muffins.  For the other 6 I filled the liners to the top and got beautiful domed muffins.  I added lemon juice to the glaze to satisfy my craving for blueberry and lemon.  I used 1 1/2 TBLs milk and 1 1/2 TBLs lemon juice to make the glaze.  These muffins are absolutely lovely, so moist and delicious.  They are definitely a keeper!  Enjoy!

To Print The Recipe Click Here.

Cream Cheese Blueberry Muffins With Lemon Glaze
Taste Of Home ( adapted)


  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons 2% milk ( I used 1 1/2 TBLS milk and 1 1/2 TBLS lemon juice)


  • In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light
  • and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
  • addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and
  • salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in
  • cranberries and pecans.

  • Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
  • 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
  • center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
  • to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over
  • muffins. Yield: 2 dozen.


Sandi P said...

Mary, these look absolutely amazing!! I love muffins, blueberries and lemons so this would be perfect for me!!

Sandi @ A New York Foodie

Mary Bostow said...

Thank you Sandi, they were wonderful!